World Book Day
World Book Day was designated by UNESCO as a worldwide celebration of books and reading, and is marked in over 100 countries around the globe.
To mark World Book Day, school children are entitled to receive a World Book Day £1 Book Token (or equivalent €1.50 Book Token in Ireland). The Book Token can be exchanged for one of eight specially published World Book Day £1 Books, or is redeemable against any book or audio book of their choice costing £2.99 or more at a participating bookshop or book club. The World Book Day £1 Book Token is valid until 25 March 2012.
The full list of £1 books is:
• The What the Ladybird Heard Song, Julia Donaldson and Lydia Monks (Macmillan)
• Winnie Flies Again, Valerie Thomas and Korky Paul (Oxford University Press)
• Where’s Wally Now?, Martin Handford (Walker Books)
• Magic Molly: The Clever Little Kitten, Holly Webb (Scholastic)
• Roald Dahl's Fantabulous Facts, Roald Dahl (Puffin)
• How to Train Your Dragon: The Day of the Dreader, Cressida Cowell (Hodder Children’s
• Big Day Out, Jacqueline Wilson, Illustrated by Nick Sharratt (Random House)
• Skulduggery Pleasant: The End of the World, Derek Landy (HarperCollins)