publication date: Sep 3, 2012
author/source: Anne Coates
The new school term
often necessitates buying a new lunchbox
and we've been impressed by the Sistema Slimline Quaddie
. This compact lunchbox has:
- four compartments including a drink bottle which are ideal for sandwiches, fruit andlunch-time favourites
- is made of BPA free materials
- is freezer, dishwasher and microwave proof.
We also recommend Cuticura Anti Bacterial Hand Serum for Kids ideal to be kept in their lunchbox to be used before eating.
The Hygiene Council’s
top five tips for a hygienic packed lunch
- Clean and disinfect the kitchen work surfaces with antibacterial sprays and wipes, wipes can be disposed of immediately after use to limit potential cross-contamination of surfaces.
- Wash fruit, salad and vegetables thoroughly – especially if they will be eaten raw.
- Freshly prepare food each day where possible but if you have to store packed lunches overnight, check labels to ensure you store foods at the right temperature.
- Check that your child can store their food somewhere cool until lunchtime or consider using a freezer pack or cool bag to help keep your child’s lunch chilled.
- Try to get your child into the habit of washing their hands regularly with antibacterial soap, particularly after visiting the toilet and before eating, both at home and at school.
The Slimline Quaddie is available in four colours from Amazon:Sistema Slimline Quaddie Lunch Box, AquaSistema Slimline Quaddie Lunch Box, PinkSistema Slimline Quaddie, BlackSistema Slimline Quaddie Lunch Box, Lime