The first thing I thought when I saw Clinique Age Defense BB Cream SPF30
was what's a BB cream
then discovered stands for Blemish Balm
– obvious really when you read the description of a perfecting cream which conceals, hydrates
as well as protects
from the sun and environmental damage. Clinique Age Defense BB Cream SPF 30
has it all.Here's the science info about the ingredients:
- Pigments such as Mica and Iron Oxides together with Polymethylsilsesquixane and Silica reflect light multi-dimensionally to conceal and correct imperfections. It provides colour correcting benefits for a brighter and more even skin tone. Additionally, the combination of pigments absorbs excess oil to ensure long wear and oil control, providing better adherence of foundation.
- A combination of chemical sunscreens (Octinoxate, Octisalate, Abovenzone) absorb harmful UV rays and provide SPF30 broad spectrum protection. Physical sunscreens (Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide) provide added protection by deflecting UVA and UVB rays. To prevent penetration and irritation, the sunscreens are encapsulated in a floating matrix so they are not in direct contact with the skin.
- Potent antioxidant Vitamin E helps protect skin from environmental aggressors which can trigger the breakdown of collagen as a result of sun and environmental exposure.
- Caffeine helps calm and soothe irritated skin while helping stimulate skin and visibly reducing the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
- Glycyrrhetinic Acid helps reduce skin irritation associated with internal and external stress.
- A hydration complex of Trehalose, Carboxylic Acid and Sodium Hyarulonate enhances hydration, balances moisture and provides skin with comfort throughout the day.
- Laminaria Saccharina Extract, derived from seaweed, helps reduce the excess production of oil.
So does Clinique Age Defense BB Cream SPF30
do what it claims? In terms of how your skin
looks – yes it does. The first time I applied the cream
and then foundation
I thought how much better my skin
looked. But that could have been a subjective view! So the following day I applied Clinique Age Defense BB Cream SPF30
to just half my face
and there was a visible difference
suggests this BB Cream
can be worn alone
to "achieve a natural, healthy glow" I don't think I would use it this way as my skin
looked a bit pasty
but that might mean that I was using the wrong shade
However I am really impressed
with the effect is has under foundation.
As you don't have to use any other products Clinique Age Defense BB Cream SPF30
is also a very cost-effective
way of improving your looks.PWT rating: ♥♥♥♥♥
New Clinique Age Defense BB Cream SPF30
is available in two shades
for pink or golden undertones and appropriate for all skin types
: allergy tested; 100 per cent fragrance free; oil-free; dermatologist tested; ophthalmologist tested; non-comodegenic.Clinique Age Defense BB Cream SPF30
£25/40ml is available exclusively at Harrods
and Clinique.co.uk then nationwide
from 2 March 2012 at selected Clinique counters