In celebration of National Families Week, the Booktrust has launched Bedtime Reading Week.
To support the week, Booktrust has provided:
- A specially designed website providing tips and ideas on sharing stories and rhymes.
- Advice on how to organise a Bedtime Reading Week event.
- Recommended books to read aloud.
- Downloadable Bedtime Reading posters and resources.
- Games, songs and rhymes to enjoy at bedtime.
- Advice for parents of children who are starting to read and for those who are already independent readers.
- Information about events at libraries, children’s centres, health clinics and schools where you can get together with other families to celebrate reading.
For more information log on to www.booktrust.org.uk